♦ Course Description
Cornerstone’s Business English Program is an 8week diploma program that includes Intensive language instruction centered on business themes. In the afternoon, students take higherlevel electives, or a business elective if it is available.
♦ Some of the Topics covered in the Program
Branding • Organization • Advertising • International Markets • Ethics • Leadership • Telephone Skills
• Understand the Current Business World • Business Presentations • Meeting Language
• Business Analysis • Negotiation • Reading Comprehension • Business Meeting Skills
• Business Expressions • Listening • Vocabulary • Grammar • Pronunciation
• Business Speaking • Business Writing
Students conduct business presentations every 4 weeks. Students present what they have learned from their course in front of ESL students and teachers. Business student also receive feedback from the ESL students and their teachers, which helps them to improve their presentation skills.
When opportunities arise, students will be taken on field trips during the program to expose them to a true business environment outside the classroom.
Each unit’s subject matter is followed by a related case study, which gives the student a chance to study realworld problems in detail from multiple viewpoints.
♦ Who may enroll in Business English:
- Students who want to improve their ability to communicate in a wide range of business situations
- Those who want to develop strong communication skills necessary to succeed in the workplace
- People who wish to expand their knowledge of international business
- Students that want to prepare themselves for a future career in the Englishspeaking business world
- Students enrolled in our Work & Study or Internship Programs
♦ Course Goals
By the end of the course, students will understand how English is used in work environments and will have learned useful business expressions. Students will also improve their English ability for an internship, if they are planning to do one. Students are expected to do Business presentations in each session.
♦ Business English Program Overview:
- Intensive Program (28 hours per week): 8:45 15:45
- Duration: 8 weeks (4 week registrations are also accepted)
- Start Date: Official Starting Date (please see calendar for exact dates)
- Awards: Cornerstone Diploma after 8 weeks of completion
- Cornerstone Certificate after 4 weeks of completion
Timetable for Adult ESL
(Level 4 ~ 6)
(Levels 6 +)
|Business||TESOL & TEYC||Real Speaking||TOEFL|
|8:45 ~ 10:00||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|10:15 ~ 11:15||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|11:25 ~ 12:30||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|1:30 ~ 2:30||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|2:40 ~ 3:45||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Business/ Media English||TOEFL|
|4:00 ~ 5:00||Free Classes: Monday & Wednesday “Open Conversation”|
* Please note that every other Friday is a half-day, therefore there is no class in the afternoon.
- Students must enter the program by scoring at the UpperIntermediate
- level or better on the Cornerstone placement test.
- Students may either have a TOEFL (iBT) score of 75 OR TOEIC score of 650.
- Students must be at least 17 years of age.