♦ The Purpose
Cornerstone offers students abroad an opportunity to spend their summer and winter vacations in Toronto improving their language ability while being exposed to a variety of cultures.
Camps are 4 weeks long and are divided primarily by age, but secondarily by ability into levels 1 through 5.
- Studying at the best University in Canada, the University of Toronto and stay in the best residence, as known 89 Chestnut (U of T residence)
- Activities include what Toronto has to offer! Great location both campus and residence! Homestays can be arranged
- Running since 2001, Cornerstone understands English education for young children; classes are taught by qualified,
- experienced teachers. They are all professional and friendly!
♦ SUMMER CAMP TESTIMONIAL
-From 2011, the camp has been held at University of Toronto DOWNTOWN campus
-99% of students liked its location and facility
-95% of students would recommend the camp to their friends, and of course
All students evaluated the camp as either “Excellent” or “Good”
** According to the 2015 survey
-ALL STUDENTS liked the facilities of the University of Toronto
-ALL STUDENTS would recommend the Summer Camp to their friends
100% RATED the Summer Camp between Excellent or Very Good
** According to the 2015 survey
♦ HISTORY UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is known as the best university in Canada. Graduates from U of T include Canadian Prime Ministers and Nobel Prize winners. U of T is ranked as one of the best universities worldwide. According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities, U of T was chosen as the best university in Canada and ranked within the top 20 across the world.
- Cornerstone is located on the 8th floor in a fullservice, 24hour security, business building directly above BAY subway station.
- It’s about 4 min. from residence to the camp campus by subway.
- It’s an average of 30 to 50 minutes. from homestay to the campus.
- U of T campus is located in front of Museum Station.
- Ryerson University (Pitman Hall) is located near Dundas Station
♦ UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO CAMPUS
The University of Toronto provides excellent facilities, atmosphere and classroom sizes. Students can enjoy not only the lessons we provide, but also the history behind the building.
♦ UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO (89 Chestnut) GROUP OR INDIVIDUALS
Chestnut Residence & Conference Centre is a University of Toronto Residence in the heart of downtown with Toronto's visuallyfamous City Hall and Nathan Phillips Square as our direct neighbours. Your can get anywhere from here. During the summer months, Chestnut welcomes all visitors to Toronto for both short and long term accommodation. We are within steps of the shopping and entertainment districts. All of our rooms are private and feature an ensuite bathroom with amenities.
♦ HOMESTAY INDIVIDUAL STUDENTS
Cornerstone provides our students with the option of living in homestay. All of our homestay families are contracted by Cornerstone to ensure a safe and happy home for our students. Students in homestay will experience family dinners and socializing with Canadian family members. This is a great opportunity for students to speak English outside of the classroom. All camp students will be provided a furnished single bedroom. Homestay will only supply students with private bedrooms.
♦ MAIN ACTIVITIES
- French Canada Trip: Ottawa / Montreal / Quebec
- Trip to Niagara Falls
- Canada’s Wonderland
- CN Tower
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Talent Show by the students
- School Picnic
- Laser Quest
- Soccer game at High Park
- Certificate Ceremony and Lunch Buffet Party
- More activities still to be announced.