♦ Course Description and Goals
Cornerstone Academic College’s TESOL (Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages) program is a 4-week Diploma Program, aimed at individuals who wish to pursue a career in ESL teaching abroad. The course encompasses various theories regarding how language is learned and equips teachers with skills and experience necessary to effectively guide their students into a functioning use of the language through lessons on how to incorporate grammar, listening, reading, writing and pronunciation communicatively into daily lesson plans. By the end of the TESOL program, students are able to teach each English skill separately but at the same time will have learned the integrated methodology which is introduced by TESL Canada as the most modern methodology for teaching English.
♦ Final Thesis Project
A 500-word methodology paper and a thorough lesson plan are required to complete the program.
♦ Who may enroll in TESOL:
- Those who wish to become English teachers in their home countries
- English teachers who are interested in developing their teaching methodologies
- Those who want proof of their advanced English abilities
♦ TESOL Diploma Program Overview:
- Intensive Program (28 hours per week): 8:45 - 15:45
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Start Date: Official Starting Date
- Awards: Cornerstone Diploma / American TESOL Institute Certificate (at an extra cost)
American TESOL Institute Certificate
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded a certificate from the American TESOL Institute (ATI), a leader in the global education market for English teacher training.
Timetable for Adult ESL
(Level 4 ~ 6)
(Levels 6 +)
|Business||TESOL & TEYC||Real Speaking||TOEFL|
|8:45 ~ 10:00||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|10:15 ~ 11:15||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|11:25 ~ 12:30||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|1:30 ~ 2:30||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|2:40 ~ 3:45||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Business/ Media English||TOEFL|
|4:00 ~ 5:00||Free Classes: Monday & Wednesday “Open Conversation”|
* Please note that every other Friday is a half-day, therefore there is no class in the afternoon.
- Students must achieve the Pre Advanced level on the Cornerstone placement test.
- Students may have either a TOEFL (iBT) score of 80 OR a TOEIC score of 800.
- Students must be at least 17 years of age.