Teaching English to Young Children (TEYC)
♦ Course Description and Goals
Cornerstone Academic College’s 4-week Teaching English to Young Children (TEYC) diploma program will provide students with the most effective methods and strategies to help children acquire English as a second language.
Cornerstone Academic College’s TEYC program is an intensive 4-week course that includes 116 hours of in-class instruction, including a supervised teaching practicum. Through lectures, discussions, and evaluations, students learn to build valuable teaching competencies.
By the end of the course, students will have gained not only the theoretical and practical tools for teaching children, but also the independent thinking skills that will continuously help deepen their understanding of language instruction.
♦ Final Thesis Project
A 250 to 500 word methodology paper and a lesson plan with materials are required to complete the program.
♦ Who may enroll in TESOL:
- ESL teachers who instruct children or adults.
- Teachers with professional standings.
- Those with experience working with children outside of a classroom setting.
♦ TEYC Diploma Program Overview:
- Intensive Program (28 hours per week): 8:45 - 15:45
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Start Date: Official Starting Date
- Awards: Cornerstone Diploma / American TESOL Institute Certificate
American TESOL Institute Certificate
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded a certificate from the American TESOL Institute (ATI), a leader in the global education market for English teacher training.
Timetable for Adult ESL
(Level 4 ~ 6)
(Levels 6 +)
|Business||TESOL & TEYC||Real Speaking||TOEFL|
|8:45 ~ 10:00||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|10:15 ~ 11:15||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|11:25 ~ 12:30||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|1:30 ~ 2:30||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|2:40 ~ 3:45||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Business/ Media English||TOEFL|
|4:00 ~ 5:00||Free Classes: Monday & Wednesday “Open Conversation”|
* Please note that every other Friday is a half-day, therefore there is no class in the afternoon.
- Students must achieve the Upper Intermediate level on the Cornerstone placement test.
- Students may have either a TOEFL (iBT) score of 75 OR a TOEIC score of 650.
- Students must be at least 17 years of age.