♦ Course Description and Goals
Cornerstone’s iBT TOEFL preparation program is designed for students who wish to enter college or university by achieving the required TOEFL score. Our TOEFL Program will help students succeed by improving their TOEFL score. The TOEFL course covers all necessary skills including TOEFL Essays, TOEFL Speaking, TOEFL Reading, TOEFL Listening and TOEFL vocabulary. It also includes a TOEFL practice test in each 4week session. Students practice at the actual level of the TOEFL test in class everyday; therefore, students can improve their TOEFL skills and understanding of the test day by day. Cornerstone’s computers have “TOEFL practice software” allowing students to practice TOEFL FREE pretest and to see their strengths and weaknesses.
♦ Who may enroll in TOEFL Program:
- Students who plan to attend college or university
- Those who wish to learn academic English for future employment
♦ iBT TOEFL Program Overview:
- Intensive Program (28 hours per week): 8:45 15:45
- Duration: 12 weeks (4 week registrations are also accepted)
- Start Date: Official Starting Date (students may be accepted every Monday)
- Awards: Cornerstone Certificate after 4 weeks of completion
Timetable for Adult ESL
(Level 4 ~ 6)
(Levels 6 +)
|Business||TESOL & TEYC||Real Speaking||TOEFL|
|8:45 ~ 10:00||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|10:15 ~ 11:15||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|11:25 ~ 12:30||Integrated ESL||Integrated ESL||Academic English||Business ESL||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|1:30 ~ 2:30||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Integrated Speaking Skills||TOEFL|
|2:40 ~ 3:45||Afternoon Class||Special Electives||Academic Writing||Business Electives||TESOL & TEYC||Business/ Media English||TOEFL|
|4:00 ~ 5:00||Free Classes: Monday & Wednesday “Open Conversation”|
* Please note that every other Friday is a half-day, therefore there is no class in the afternoon.
- Students must enter the program by scoring at the UpperIntermediate level or better on the Cornerstone placement test.
- Students must be at least 17 years of age.